Flourless Chocolate Cookies Submitted by Arielle Russell
• (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar
• (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
• a pinch of salt
• 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to (355 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
3. Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick, add another egg white.
4. Mix together
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread a bit.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and they begin to crack.
8. Let the cookies cool completely before removing from the baking sheet with a spatula.
9. Store the flourless chocolate cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.