"A son's search for his Jewish Past in Kurdish Iraq"
Jews have lived in Northern Iraq for thousands of years, from the time of the expulsion from Eritz Isreal until they were expelled shortly after the formation of the modern state of Israel. The Jews in the Kurdish areas lived lives not much changed in all that time, even continuing to speak Aramaic into the 20th century. That all changed when they were forced out of Iraq into modern Israel.
1. 24 jumbo shells
2. 1, 15 oz tub of ricotta
3. 2 cups shredded mozzarella
4. 1, 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
5. 1 tsp dried basil
6. 1 large egg
7. Pinch of nutmeg
8. Salt and pepper to taste
9. 1, 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cook shells according to package, drain and cool
3. Mix ricotta, spinach, basil, salt and pepper, nutmeg, and egg
4. Spread ¾ cup sauce on greased baking dish
5. Stuff shells with mix and place in dish