“Benny loves to help out at his Grandpa’s bakery in the morning, and the customers love the crusty bagels with their soft insides. When Grandpa explains to Benny that God, not him, should be thanked for the wonderful bagels, Benny sets out to do just that. He decides to leave God a bagful of bagels in the synagogue at the end of each week. And each week God eats the bagels…or so Benny thinks…
Lovingly told, Bagels from Benny explores the values of caring and sharing, building a strong sense of community and finding joy in giving thanks.” Goodreads.com
"Musician Don Fernando longs to hear the sounds of the shofar on the High Holidays, but, like the other secret Jews in Inquisition Spain, he must hide his religion. But when he is asked to perform a symphony celebrating the new world, he and his son Rafael devise a daring plan to usher in the Jewish New Year right in plain sight of the Spanish nobility!" Goodreads.com
Little Red Ruthie by Gloria Koster
“ Clever little Ruthie is way shrewder than her fabled namesake Little Red Riding Hood. Carrying her basket of sour cream and applesauce en route to her grandmother’s house to make latkes, she is waylaid by a very hungry,very big, very bad wolf. Brave as a Maccabee, she persuades him to wait while she fries a batch of latkes, and when he has gorged himself into oblivion, she sends him on his way with a jelly donut for dessert. Safe and sound, Ruthie and Grandma eat their own latkes and light the first Hanukkah candle."
1 1/4 cups Nutella spread
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional, if you want a more enhanced pumpkin and Fall flavor)
Pan - Brownie or Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the interior of an 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch (9 x 5 inch also works) loaf pan with vegetable oil or canola oil spray.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper toweling.
3. Place on baking pan.
4. Sprinkle seasonings onto chicken thighs. No need to measure, you can simply liberally sprinkle seasoning onto chicken.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Pearl is in charge of: the sad, the good, the past.
Stasha must care for: the funny, the future, the bad.
It's 1944 when the twin sisters arrive at Auschwitz with their mother and grandfather. In their benighted new world, Pearl and Stasha Zagorski take refuge in their identical natures, comforting themselves with the private language and shared games of their childhood.
• (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar
• (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
• a pinch of salt
• 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to (355 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
3. Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick, add another egg white.