Pearl is in charge of: the sad, the good, the past.
Stasha must care for: the funny, the future, the bad.
It's 1944 when the twin sisters arrive at Auschwitz with their mother and grandfather. In their benighted new world, Pearl and Stasha Zagorski take refuge in their identical natures, comforting themselves with the private language and shared games of their childhood.
• (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar
• (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
• a pinch of salt
• 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to (355 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
3. Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick, add another egg white.
Amsterdam, 1943. Hanneke spends her days finding and delivering sought-after black market goods to paying customers, nights hiding the true nature of her work from her concerned parents, and every waking moment mourning her boyfriend, who was killed on the Dutch front lines when the German army invaded. Her illegal work keeps her family afloat, and Hanneke also likes to think of it as a small act of rebellion against the Nazis.
6 Roses 12 Roses 24 Roses
2 red delicious apples 4 red delicious apples 8 red delicious apples
sugar and cinnamon sugar and cinnamon sugar and cinnamon
1 sheet of puff pastry 2 sheets of puff pastry 4 sheets of puff pastry
egg wash egg wash egg wash
"In prose as painterly and evocative as Chagall's own dazzling brushstrokes, Gloria Goldreich finely evokes one of the most significant masters of modern art through the discerning eyes of [his] loyally protective daughter."―Cynthia Ozick, award-winning author of Foreign Bodies
Woody: Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Him By David Evanier
In this first biography of Allen in over a decade, David Evanier discusses key movies, plays and prose as well as Allen's personal life. Evanier tackles the themes that Allen has spent a lifetime sorting through in art: morality, sexuality, Judaism, the eternal struggle of head and heart. Woody will be the definitive word on a major American talent as he begins his ninth decade, and his sixth decade of making movies.