Our Hanukkah Party was on Sunday, December 13th. A light dinner (tuna and egg salads, crudites and dips, green salad, latkes, of course, and dessert) was served. We each lit our Hanukkiah and enjoyed another Hanukkah at Congregation Beth Hillel. Gift baskets were made and raffled off to 6 lucky recipients.
Congregation Beth Hillel participated in first Walden Crop Walk to End World Hunger. 100 walkers participated in the 3 mile walk, beginning in St. Andrews and ending up on the front lawn of our synagogue. Joe took out the chairs, as they Fox Hill Bruderhoff community set up a huge charcoal grill and served everyone a hearty meal of hot dogs, hamburgers, veggies, home baked cookies and a variety of cold drinks, including home made cider.
Memorial/Honoraria order form
Yahrzeit plaque, Leaf and Brick on the Tree of Life
Complete the appropriate section, and mail the entire form with your check, made payable to Congregation Beth Hillel, to
Fred Nelson, 94 Mandell Road, Pine Bush, NY 12566
Yahrzeit Name Plate: $200
Registration for the Torah School is now open! Classes are held on Sunday mornings and each class runs for three hours. Our program is designed to help the students learn Hebrew, understand our celebrations and participate in our services. Please contact Nava at (845) 778-7374 for more details.
Pearl is in charge of: the sad, the good, the past.
Stasha must care for: the funny, the future, the bad.
It's 1944 when the twin sisters arrive at Auschwitz with their mother and grandfather. In their benighted new world, Pearl and Stasha Zagorski take refuge in their identical natures, comforting themselves with the private language and shared games of their childhood.
• (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar
• (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
• a pinch of salt
• 1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to (355 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
3. Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems too thick, add another egg white.